Thursday, September 25, 2008

Worth the Wait

For the past few months, I have been trying to talk my parents into getting me a Dachshund. I was always looking in the newspaper and at the Humane Society. A few times I found Dachshund puppies in the paper and told my dad. I was upset when we wouldn't go look at them.

One time my dad took me to a pet store and there was a Scottish Terrier. We asked the lady working there if she could take him out. After a few minute of playing with him, we were an inch away from getting him. My dad told we that we should look them up on the Internet and talk to my mom about it. As soon as we got home I looked Scottish Terriers up on the Internet. Come to find out, they do better in cooler weather and they are moody. So I was glad that we didn't get him.

A few months later, Dad took me to the Humane Society and there was a really cute Terrier mix there. I really wanted her. Dad again said that we should talk to Mom about it. Two days later, we take Mom there and I don't see the Terrier mix there. My dad told me he saw her in one of the meeting rooms. Again, I was upset.

But last week, I was looking in the classifieds on the newspaper website. Some of the animals for sale have pictures and some don't. I was looking at the pictures and was bummed when I didn't see any Dachshunds. Just when I was about to close the Internet, something told me to scroll down further. I saw Poodles puppies, Yorkie puppies, and Pit Bull puppies. When I was near the bottom, I sawMiniature Dachshund puppies for sale! I rubbed my eyes just to make sure I wasn't wishful thinking and I wasn't! I took my laptop to my dad (who has two weeks off) and showed him the add. He laughed as he read the add.

Long story short, I now have a Dachshund! Her name is Lucy. Though the first night was rough, and last night wasn't a walk in the park, I know that I love her and she is coming to love the family. She is the cutest thing you have EVER seen!! LOOK!!

4 comments:

Sloan said...

AWwwwWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is all I can say.

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER In PERSON!

Annabell said...

i know!! i just took her on her first walk out front...she got as far as the neighbors house and laid down in the middle of the road!

Sloan said...

THAT IS TOOOOOO funny.

My Mom laughed when I told her.

She IS just a baby!

CAN't WAIT TO SEEEE HEERRRR EEEK!

Brittany November said...

She's sweet! ;)