Thursday, October 9, 2008

Patience is Good

Training Lucy has been hard. Right now, we're focused on kennel and potty training. She getting better with both but I don't have a lot of patience. The first night was HORRIBLE!! She was in her crate, yelping ALL NIGHT! And the crate is in my room! I got about four or five hours of sleep, then woke up at five o'clock. I took her out to "go" but she didn't have to, or so I thought...I got back to my room and sat on my bed with her in my lap. After turning on the T.V. to help keep me awake, I let her have free run of my bed. Next thing I know, she's "going" on the quilt my grandma gave me! All I could do was stare. Then, once the shock went away, I, reluctantly, got up and went to the bathroom to get a towel. I was falling asleep all day the next day.

But aside from the "going" everywhere in the house (which she is getting better about) and the whining when she is in her crate and can't see me, she is such a joy to me and the rest of the family. We all love Little Lucy (or as I like to call her, Little Miss Crazy). It is hard training a puppy. But at the same time, I feel like I am growing Spiritually and learning more patience.

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
James 1:4

2 comments:

Brittany November said...

Hehe. Ah, but just look at that face! I'm sure she's really sorry ;) LOL!

Sloan said...

Patience, Hmmm.... do I know that word? :) This is something that I need to work on. Maybe if I tell my parents I will become more patient if they get me a dog! Not sure if it will work though?

That face is TOO TOO cute.

She DOES look sorry. :) :) :)

Just LOVE the scripture.