Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Butter" Trouble

Earlier I was making scones because I'm babysitting tonight and I wanted the little boy I'm watching to have a little treat. There's one part in the recipe that calls for two sticks of butter. You have to "cut in the butter," as the recipe says. I've discovered that it's easier to put it in the microwave for a few seconds, because cutting butter sticks can get hard. So, I put them in for 25 seconds. Well, I got a little distracted by Lucy for the bit of time. When I heard the microwave "ding," I went over to it. Come to find out, 25 seconds was a little too long. Melted butter was ALL OVER the saucer! It all worked out in the end, after I got the last two butter sticks that my mom bought today. I'm just happy that I'll be able to take him a special treat along with one of my favorite movies when I was younger!!

2 comments:

Brittany November said...

OMiGosh. I've done that about a million times! LOL!

Sloan said...

Yep, that has happened to me countless times. The worst is when it over flows the dish and then it is on the microwave plate, and you know how hard butter is to clean up!

Love ya!