Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First Timothy 2:9-10

About a week ago, I started reading my Bible nightly, starting in First Thessalonians, and taking it from there. Last night, I started in First Timothy. I was really tired, but wanted to go ahead and read chapters 1 and 2. I was nearly falling asleep, but when I came to these verses, I was wide awake. Here's what they say:

"...in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls, or costly clothing, but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works."

This does not mean that you can't wear gold, pearls, or braid your hair. It simply means that we are suppose to dress modestly and, instead of focusing all our attention on how we look and the clothes we wear, that we are suppose to look at the inside.

Below is a cute song by BarlowGirl.


No comments: