Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Question to Contemplate......

I just got done with my World History class for today. I was learning about the Middle Ages. For the assignment, I had to answer a simple question:

Do you thing the Middle Ages should be called the Dark Ages?

It really had me contemplating. I had to simply answer yes or no, then my reason for choosing that answer. But I was stuck. Yes, I believe the Middle Ages should be called the Dark Ages; it was a time of wars, plagues, sickness, dividing of the Church, etc. But no, because there was a time of the Church, they had a great ruler named Charlemagne who did some great things, he didn't let the power go to his head.

I was stuck like a rock in a hard place (is that how the expression goes?). I eventually decided yes, the Middle Ages should be called the Dark Ages because, though there was good things in that time, there were more bad.

But I want to know other peoples thoughts. So go ahead and share your thoughts with me!

No comments: