Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bird...Catching?

About thirty minutes ago, my brother's and their friend, Nate, were over here. And while they were here, a White Ibis landed in our back yard to eat some of the bugs in the grass. In typical boy fashion, they all decided that they were going to try to catch the poor thing! Well, after making sure they weren't going to hurt the bird, I watched at the back window while Sam and Nate climbed up in the top of the house. The first attempt ended with the bird flying away. When the White Ibis came back, they tried again and I ran to get my camera.

But attempt number two, also, ended with the bird flying away. Then ten minutes later, the bird came back! At that point, I knew that he was just teasing Sam and Nate. My mom agreed. I got a few more pictures, and the same thing happened. It was just fun to get the pictures! A minute ago, I looked out the window, and the bird wasn't back. I think he got tired of the game, too! Sam and Nate were not happy!


2 comments:

Brittany November said...

That's funny. I wish I could've been there to help catch it ;) It kinda reminds me of my dad chasing armadillos in Texas...but there was no camera present at the time, sorry. LOL!

Sloan said...

Ok rolling on the floor laughing!
That DOES sound like a boy thing!
I could never come to your house Ann, I would just be laughing too much! Ohh how I wish I had a brother! I must say though that I love my sisters, and when I am telling someone that I wished I had a brother, the answer always is, NO YOU DON'T, or I'll trade you for your sister, or something like that! Lol.


GREAT POST!!!!

Sloan <><

Good thing you guys don't live up here! Your brothers would have a ball! They would be trying to catch the bald eagles next!!!!
See ya!