Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 Years Ago

I truly can't believe that it has already been 7 years since America changed forever. I had woken up that morning, thinking that it was just going to be another normal day of school, but I was sadly mistaken.


My mom was at work and at the time my dad was homeschooling us. I'm pretty sure we were doing math when my mom suddenly called and said to my dad, "Turn the news on!"


At what we saw, I was shocked. I sat on the couch, eyes wide, just starring at the T.V. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. "Who could do something like this?" I was wondering. I didn't know much about terrorism, didn't really even know what it was. But then I knew.


We didn't do any more school that day. My dad and I just watched what was unfolding.


There were 2,975 fatalities, excluding the 19 hijackers: 246 on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,603 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon. An additional 24 people remain listed as missing. All of the fatalities in the attacks were civilians except for 55 military personnel killed at the Pentagon. More than 90 countries lost citizens in the attacks on the World Trade Center. (Copy and pasted from Wikipedia)


I will always remember that day and my reaction. I pray for the family and friends that people lost 7 years ago.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey, Thank you. I love your blog it really seems to express you. Writing is a big passion of mine too. I was 8 years old on that day, but I knew nothing of what was going on until after when I was older. I was horrified by what I saw. I didn't understand it either.